Monday, February 15, 2010

Education in Next Decades How it Will be? Is it guesing or knowing?

I am interesting to share my ideas after a reading I made for my class of w-270, and it was very interesting to me. The reading is from an introduction wrote by Bill Gates back on maybe 1999 it was guidlines to me of how the world will be in the coming decades of that time that is what we are in now. After reading his article "Business @ The Speed of Thoughts" it prepared to talk to "CEO's, other organizational leaders, and managers at all levels" (Gates Int. Speech). It was amzing and so interesting about his ideas of what the global will be. He gave an exact idea's of how it will be the amzing part is how he reached his predection? After could we consider it predection of future in other words "gusing" or he exactly know what he is knowing. He talked about building a system simillar to human nervous system and called it the "Digital Nervous System". If I can borrow his mind for a moment and think how we will have like that mind but in education. Howe we can set the next decades education and how it will be based on knowing not gusing.

I find another article about 2020 vision of education that also started long time ago and it still understudy and the good thing it is started to be practiced inside education system that is how to prepare and how to teach our teacher to understand the brain process of all ages. It is interesting material to look at. Please visit this link

http://iae-pedia.org/20/20_Vision_for_2020_Challenges



3 comments:

  1. Ayda, this is an excellent video. Of course, there are other views.

    I'm intrigued by your question of how we can know rather than merely guess. What do you think the answer is to that question? I remember one of your classmates saying that Gates did not prophesy. He knew what he was going to do. His business model was and is compatible with the direction in which things are headed, so there were really no surprises. I think that that is the answer. The speaker in this video is clearly talking about global capitalism. Don't you think? If so, then we probably do know what education is going to look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What struck me about this video is the fact the speaker is the Chairman of Intel. Now, I'm sure by now we've all explored the role of technology in the classroom, and we all understand that it is going to be a critical part of how and what we teach. However, that the speaker is from Intel seems horribly self-serving to me. It feels too much like "product placement" to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this to be an informative post, but I must agree that the fact that the video is "tainted" by a feeling of product placement. I believe you must always consider the source before buying into anyone else's vision.

    ReplyDelete